Recent Posts

Thursday, August 13, 2009

I am proud about loving nuts.

NUTS NUTS NUTS.
I can eat nuts all day long, all night long, all weekend long.
Every time I express my love towards nuts, no surprises, I get smirks and weird looks.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH LIKING TO EAT NUTS?!
They are rich in:
- Fiber
- Phytonutrients
- Antioxidans, such as selenium and Vitamin E
- Plant Sterols
- Good fats (omega 3)

I put nuts in my cookies, cakes, pies, stirfry(ies?), you name it!

Society has officially and permanently associated the word "nut" to the male testicle.
How is fair to the realm of nut lovers?
Imagine loving something and being embarrassed to announce it to the world!
Ridiculous.

I took it upon myself today to look for an alternative expression, which results in the nerdiest, possibly the dumbest conversation I've had today.

Me: What is the scientific name for nuts?
Hayygirlfriend: i dont know..buts?
Me: ....WHAT
Hayygirlfriend: HAHAHAHHAHA. TYPO.
Me: LOL. I was thinking about legumes.
Hayygirlfriend: thats vegetables and isnt that just french for veggies? lol.
Me: le gumes? i thought they were like beans and nuts and shit.
Me: I need another way to refer to nuts.
Hayygirlfriend: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legume
Me: peanut is actually NOT a nut. its a legume. almonds and shit are nuts.
Hayygirlfriend: what?!
Me: yeah, nuts are single seeded, legumes are multiple seeded.

There you have it. I have yet to find an alternative for nuts.
Until then, I'll call peanuts "brown delicious legumes".

Peace y'all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment