Recent Posts

Thursday, August 13, 2009

ID01: Present from Him on His Birthday

It's the ex-boyfriend's birthday today.
I was feeling pretty awkward these past few days.
We've talked and chatted, being just "friends".
But do I buy him a bonsai tree?
Do I make his favourite lactose-free key lime pie?
Do I gather all of his friends up for a surprise party?
Okay, the last one I didn't really think about, it was solely for the effect of the blog entry.

I was doing so much contemplating, that I didn't leave myself any time to do the gift shopping or pie making.
Today is his birthday.
I come into work and surprisingly a package arrives; for me!
There is was, the USB one can mini fridge he promised me 2 days ago for passing my citizenship interview.
It came with a cute (silly) sticker note from him.

"You are no longer Chinese!!! Now, Chinese American...Boringggg.* Congrats on making the team, **NICKNAME**. (*If you failed your test, I get this thing back)"

The disclaimer is typical.

Maybe I should contemplate some more on what I should do for his birthday for next weekend?

0 comments:

Post a Comment