Recent Posts

Monday, August 24, 2009

Wolf-Men Packs

You know when you are driving alone in the highway and all of a sudden a group of cars passes you?
It's never one car at a time.
That's how it is with boys too.
One day, you are completely alone.
The next day, you have 5 wolves breathing down your neck.

The story is this:
I've been applying to part-time server jobs around the area, in the hopes of making some extra dough before I have to start paying for mortgage.
While revising my resume (because I doubt that the restaurant manager cares if I know how to program a data analysis software), I came across a road block.
I want to write that I was the only waitress for the entire restaurant on weekend nights that's around 70 people capacity.
In customer service lingo, I had no idea how to express it.
So, I went through my resources and contacted ID03 (The rebound waiter).
After a few texted back and forth, he said:"Let me know when you have time, so we can get dinner or something."
....SAY WHAT? I thought I put him in the friendzone and that sounded like a out-of-friendzone date.

"How about in two weeks?"
"Oh, wow you must be busy. I was thinking about tomorrow or something."
"ohh..haha..well let me know when you are still interested in two weeks!"
phew. Didn't get a response. I think he got the message.

THEN OUT OF THE BLUE (a ba di da ba die da ba di da ba die)
ID02 texted me with a simple "hello".
Hello it indeed was, especially since I have already informed him that I want to be just friends and that we haven't spoken for two weeks.
I responded with a simpler "hi".
He just wanted to know how I was doing.
I told him I was doing fine.
Then he asked "When do you want to get food?"
wait..I never said I ever wanted to get food..
I used my "In two weeks?"
He said "OK"
shucks! seriously?! idiot.
Now I have to cancel Friday's "date" and give him the "I just want to be friends" talk...again.

Do you think that they planned this together just to make my life miserable?!(overdramatization).


I smell fresh meat. Yum.
outback steak house Tuesday?

0 comments:

Post a Comment